(St. Petersburg, June 29 – July 3, 2016)
St. Petersburg State University and China Association of Mao Dun Studies cordially welcome paper proposals for the 7th International Conference “Issues of Far Eastern Literatures”, dedicated to the 120th anniversary of outstanding Chinese writer Mao Dun (1896-1981).
The conference will be held on June 29 – July 3, 2016 in Saint Petersburg and will include the following panels:
- Mao Dun and his contribution to Chinese literature.
- The trends in Chinese literature of XX and XXI centuries.
- New tasks in the study of classical Chinese literature in the age of globalization and informatization.
- Far Eastern literatures in Russia & Russian literature in the Far Eastern & South-East Asian countries: translation, perception and interference.
- Literatures of Far East & South East Asia: past and present.
Working languages of the conference will be Russian, Chinese and English. The papers will be published prior the conference commences. The application (indicating author’s name, academic degree, position, field of Asian studies, e-mail, title of the paper) as well as the full text of the paper in Russian, or Chinese, or English and its summary in English (in the whole, not more than 20 000 Latin symbols, or 5000 Chinese characters, MS Word RTF-format) should be sent before March 1, 2016 by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The acceptance notice together with the program information will be sent to participants by March 15, 2016.
The conference fee is set at 100 € (due upon arrival). The organizers will provide visa support, airport transfers, materials of the conference, lunches, coffee breaks, shuttle service and White-nights cultural program. The participants will be accommodated at a 3 stars hotels in the center of the city (60-120 € per person per day) at their own expense.