Saint Petersburg, august 24–28, 2018
St.Petersburg State University and Nankai University cordially welcome paper proposals for the 8th International Conference “Issues of Far Eastern Literatures”, dedicated to the 1250th anniversary of outstanding Chinese man of letters Han Yu (768-824).
The conference will be held on August 24–28, 2018 in Saint Petersburg and will include the following panels:
- Han Yu and his contribution to Chinese literature;
- New tasks in the study of classical Chinese literature in the age of globalization and informatization
- The trends in Chinese literature of XX and XXI centuries;
- Far Eastern literatures in Russia & Russian literature in the Far Eastern & South-East Asian countries: translation, perception and interference;
- Literatures of Far East & South East Asia: past and present;
Working languages of the conference will be Russian, Chinese and English. The papers will be published prior the conference commences. The application (indicating author’s name, academic degree, position, field of Asian studies, e-mail, title of the paper) as well as the full text of the paper in Russian, or Chinese, or English and its summary in English, 5 key-words in Russian / Chinese and English (in the whole, not more than 20 000 Latin symbols, or 5000 Chinese characters, MS Word RTF-format) should be sent before March 1, 2018 by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The acceptance notice together with the program information will be sent to participants by March 15, 2016.
The organizers will provide visa support, airport transfers, materials of the conference, lunches, coffee breaks, shuttle service and White-nights cultural program. The participants will be accommodated at a 3 stars hotels in the center of the city (100 USD per person per day) at their own expense.
Alexey Rodionov (St.Petersburg University)